Plenty of Fish Free Dating (POF) is where singles have more conversations than any other dating app.
POF is more than just a dating app. It’s an experience.
POF is designed to help singles find happy relationships! We have the most FREE features including MeetMe, Livestream, Chat and more to meet singles and include unique icebreakers to start engaging conversations! With POF, you’re 2.7x more likely to enter a conversation within your first 24 hours! Join now, and start chatting with singles nearby.
With our new FREE Livestream feature, POF Live! you can now make more meaningful connections and meet singles near you.
We also have the most FREE features to help you start dating! You might know someone who's in a relationship/dating because of a match they found on Plenty of Fish. It's your turn!
- Swipe and Match with singles you like using MeetMe
- Browse singles around you for FREE and vote Yes on those you like
- Spark a conversation using unique icebreakers
- Send and receive unlimited messages for FREE
- Watch singles Livestream on POF Live! and make new connections with in-stream messaging
+ More features than we have room to tell you about!
Plenty of Fish is the preferred singles dating app because you can view matches AND communicate with them for FREE (unlike the paid dating apps). Unlike smaller dating apps, Plenty of Fish has the most users and thus, the highest chance for you to find your relationship!
The Plenty of Fish Dating App has the most users, generates the best results and is FREE. Tap GET and Join Now!
POF is part of the Match Group portfolio which also includes Tinder, Match.com, Hinge, OkCupid, Twoo, Meetic, and OurTime.
- Enjoy POF with fewer bugs and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
4.2 out of 5
Needs some changes
Couple of things, the Your Matches should not be showing me a majority of users that ‘Wouldn’t Date a Smoker’ when one lists that they smoke often. It’s a total waste of my time to be reviewing these profiles to find at the very bottom the person wouldn’t date a smoker. Not to mention, this information is hidden to non-upgraded users, so if one is not upgraded, how much time are they wasting for the other person sending messages to someone that would never date them? This should also be an option in the refine search. Speaking of the search, if a person puts in show me users within X amount of miles, don’t automatically expand the search if there are not enough users within that parameter. If I’m only going to date people with 25 Miles of me why would you expand the search and show me people 100 miles away?? If there is not enough users that fit my parameters fine, show me the ones that do and stop. Time is valuable to everyone and there are features of this app that waste a ton of it with results that just don’t fit what you’re looking for because you arbitrarily decide to mix in.
Also your block feature is useless if the person you block can still view your profile. I moved and had a user blocked and just received a notice that she ‘liked’ me. So now she knows where I live again. Thanks for the great safety feature.
Lesson learned, don’t even bother
Been using POF for a few years now. The app works fine it’s the company that gets zero stars. 10 million active users is a lie, I’m guessing from my searches on the pc that tell you if they are online, online today, online in the last week, online within thirty days, then all the others. All the other profiles that have not logged within the last thirty days is absurd. It’s false advertising. Then the meet me feature, they send unpaid profiles, “me” emails that specially tell you who sent it. Then you go to the meet me part of the app, WOW they are either the first or second choice. You click on the meet me, another WOW you matched, ROFLMFAO, I have messaged several asking about their choice. 1 in 25 said yes, the other 24 never responded back. Now to the scammers, catfishers, prostitution, thieves, and liars. It’s just not worth the hassle. My suggestion, purge your inactive profiles, delete them, put a time limit on inactive accounts. That would not be good for advertising, that’s not going to happen. Instead they will have people like me that will no longer use their service, if asked will tell everyone to stay away. You would have more luck at a bar. I’m sure you have seen this, POF stands for plenty of fakes. That is a very true statement. I should have listened to my friends when they gave me the advice to stay away. Nobody is this lonely.
You will have to pay for this in time
THIS IS NOT FREE. You cannot do almost anything, see who likes you, click on profiles to look at those who like you etc. unless you pay for their service. This is set up so you can infrequently match with some locals, but inevitable need to buy a subscription to effectively communicate with anyone or even just browse profiles. Technically, yes, you can get away with doing this entirely free, but what really is free is setting up and having your profile. If you want to legitimately meet anyone, go ahead and just buy the subscription because you will have to, they make you. They even give people the option to only receive messages from upgraded accounts, which is pretty much all the legitimate accounts on here. While in the app, most of the functions lead you to a link to buy their subscription, and you cannot do anything other than watch people on live stream or browse through their selection of “potential matches” which 99% of the time will not include anyone who has already liked you, forcing you to pay for a premium membership just to see these members. I would give this app zero stars for misleading all of their users, but sadly I cannot. Outside of this huge issue, I would still only give the app 3 stars.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Plentyoffish Media Inc.
- 232.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © (c) Plentyoffish Media ULC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Token$1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
You Might Also Like
Plenty of Fish Free Dating App
The Best Online Dating Experience - Singles have more conversations on Plenty of Fish (POF) than any other dating app!
POF is designed to help singles find happy relationships! We have the most FREE features to meet singles and include unique icebreakers to start engaging conversations! With POF, you’re 2.7x more likely to enter a conversation within your first 24 hours! Join now, and start chatting with local singles.
Send Messages For Free!
Millions of people have found their match on POF. Now it's your turn! Browse photos of singles near you and never pay to send a message!
Meeting New People Has Never Been This Easy!
❤️ Discover new singles in you area
❤️ Connect with your matches based on common interests
❤️ Find the profiles of people who are similar to your crush
❤️ Search for your Mr./Ms. Right with filters
❤️ Meet someone who voted "Yes" to you
❤️ Spark a conversation: quote someone's profile to break the ice
More Singles Than Any App!
POF is the preferred singles dating app because you can view matches AND communicate for FREE. Unlike smaller dating apps, POF has the most users and thus, the highest chance for you to find your relationship!
The POF Dating App has the most users, generates the best results and is FREE. Tap Install and Join Now!
🎣 Happy Fishing 🎣
POF is part of the Match Group portfolio which also includes Tinder, Match.com, Hinge, OkCupid, Twoo, Meetic, and OurTime.
POF (dating website)
Canadian online dating service
Plenty of Fish is a Canadian online dating service, popular primarily in Canada, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Brazil, and the United States. It is available in nine languages. The company, which is based in Vancouver, British Columbia generates revenue through advertising and premium memberships. While it is free to use, Plenty of Fish offers premium services as part of their upgraded membership, such as allowing users to see who has "liked" a member through the service's MeetMe feature, and whether a message has been read and/or deleted.
Markus Frind, CEO of Plenty of Fish Media Inc., graduated in 1999 from British Columbia Institute of Technology with a diploma in Computer Systems Technology, and founded the business in 2003.
In 2004, Plenty of Fish became a full-time money making business for Markus. He ran the site independently until 2008, when he began hiring other employees at his new Vancouver headquarters. In 2009, Plenty of Fish also launched a contest with Lady Gaga allowing single members to go together and meet the singer during The Fame Ball Tour.
The website for Plenty of Fish appeared in several music videos in 2010: in Lady Gaga's "Telephone", Natasha Bedingfield's "Touch", Ke$ha's "We R Who We R", Flo Rida and Akon's "Available", Jason Derulo's "Ridin' Solo", and 3OH!3's "Double Vision". In 2011, it appeared in Britney Spears's music video for "Hold It Against Me". Many of these appearances are undisclosed paid product placements which have been met with highly negative reviews.
In 2010, Plenty of Fish launched mobile apps for iPhone and Android. A few years later, it was made available for both the iPad and Windows phone. In a June 2014 interview, Frind attributed 85% of all Plenty of Fish traffic to mobile with the number growing weekly.
On January 21, 2011, it was discovered that the Plenty of Fish website had been hacked which exposed the personal and password information on nearly 30 million user accounts. Since the alleged hacking incident, Frind alleges he has identified persons he believes are responsible for the hacking, and alleges he is threatening legal action in response to the widespread negative media exposure. At the time this received global media exposure and security experts blamed Plenty of Fish for the security and privacy lapse specifically for keeping users' passwords unsecured.
On February 28, 2012, the parents of US Army Lieutenant Peter Burks sued Plenty of Fish. The parents' lawsuit alleges photos of their son, who was killed in Iraq in 2007, were used without permission. The parents were seeking compensatory and punitive damages. Paul Bloudoff, the firm's legal affairs manager responded by saying "Lt. Burks’ image was never used by POF.com in any way, shape or form, [a] third-party advertiser, with no affiliation to Plenty of Fish, ran an ad promoting another dating site using Lt. Burks’ picture, and one of the places this advertiser ran this ad happened to be our site."
In an August 2012 interview, Markus Frind stated that based on the millions of relationships and marriages Plenty of Fish has created over the past several years, it is estimated that over one million babies have been born as a result of the website.
On May 20, 2013, Frind implemented several changes to the website with the stated goal of focusing on "meaningful relationships". Among these changes were the removal of the "intimate encounters" option. A related eliminated feature was the option to contact clients of age differences greater than "Markus", presumably Frind, found tasteful. Although the Plenty of Fish site and its "matching" criteria continue to match couples with age differences greater than the 14-year guideline, attempts to contact these "matches" resulted in an inbox message from Markus stating, among other things, "[t]here is no reason for a 50 year old man to contact a 18 year old woman." Another restriction implemented in the updates is that male users could no longer attach images to messages. Additionally, the site automatically blocks messages from male users containing certain words while showing such messages as being sent.
The image sending restriction was apparently reversed after Plenty of Fish was acquired by Match Group (but not "quick messages" directly from the match's profile page) and members outside of the 14-year age limit no longer appear as matches or in searches. Attempting to contact members outside of the 14-year limit now displays a page stating the user does not meet the member's contact criteria (even when untrue) and suggests several matches to contact instead of sending a message to the user's inbox.
On July 14, 2015, Plenty of Fish was sold for $575 million to Match Group (owner of Match.com, OkCupid, Tinder and Hinge, based in Dallas, Texas). The headquarters remain in Vancouver and have recently been expanded.
In March 2020, Plenty of Fish (now owned by Match Group) launched a livestream feature after a partnership to interact with users from other apps MeetMe and Skout (both owned by The Meet Group) and Zoosk (owned by Spark Networks SE).
The site relied on volunteers to monitor forums and sort through the 50,000 new photos that, at most come in each day. By 2019, Plenty of Fish employed over 100 people, including programmers, marketing managers, product managers, designers and customer success representatives.
Plenty of Fish uses a Microsoft-based platform for itself, including IIS, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL.
- Registered users: 100,000,000 (March 2015)
- Dating site ranking in the UK: 1 (Comscore May 2011)
- Dating site ranking Worldwide: 1 (Hitwise, August 2011)
- U.S. site by market share: 1, with 18.57% of the market (Hitwise, August 2012)
- Number of page views a month: 2 Billion (April 2012)
- Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Plenty of Fish reported a 0.7% increase in monthly active users in the final quarter of 2020.
In 2015, users were targeted by cyberattacks via a malicious adlink.
In 2015 Plenty of Fish Media Inc. was fined $48,000 for alleged violation of Canada's anti-spam law.
In December 2019, Plenty of Fish pushed out a fix for its app after a security researcher found it was leaking information that users had set as private on their profiles, including hidden names and postal codes.
- ^ abcOrton, Tyler (March 17, 2015). "PlentyOfFish hits 100 million users, releases revenue numbers for first time". Business in Vancouver. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- ^"POF Takes Top Spot in Brazil at OPW". Retrieved Feb 16, 2012.
- ^"PlentyOfFish.com How one man beat the big guys at ARCast.TV". Retrieved August 3, 2007.
- ^"Plentyoffish fires darts at eHarmony, Match.com on Valentine's Day". Itbusiness.ca. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- ^"Plenty of Fish Fact Sheet at POF". Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2009.
- ^"Plenty of Fish Upgrade". Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- ^"School of Computing and Academic Studies: Computer Systems Technology". B.C. Institute of Technology. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved December 9, 2007.
- ^Lehman, Michael (2007). "IIS Show #10 – PlentyOfFish.com and IIS 6 = Plenty of performance". Channel 9. Retrieved April 12, 2007.
- ^Ein, News (November 2010). "PlentyofFish.com Teams Up With Lady Gaga". Retrieved January 19, 2010.
- ^"Jason Derulo Is Ridin' Solo on PlentyofFish.com". June 2010. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- ^Hampp, Andrew (2010-03-13). "How Miracle Whip, Plenty of Fish Tap Lady Gaga's 'Telephone'". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- ^Elliott, Stuart (2011-02-17). "Plenty of Fish, a Dating Site, Promotes Itself in Music Videos". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- ^Weiner, Juli. "PlentyOfFish.com, Get Out of Music Videos and Get Back to the Internet". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- ^Kelly, Liz (2011-02-18). "Celebritology 2.0 - Britney Spears debuts 'Hold It Against Me' video/infomercial". Washington Post. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- ^Torat, Hossain (2017-05-10). "Dating in a Mobile Device". The bNewTech Post. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- ^"Plenty of Fish dating app review". theappzine.com.
- ^Brooks, Mark. "POF Interview With CEO Markus Frind". Online Personals Watch. Retrieved 22 July 2014.[permanent dead link]
- ^ ab"PlentyofFish.com Hacked, Blames Messenger". Krebsonsecurity.com. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- ^"Plenty of Fish hacked, CEO recounts bizarre ordeal with hacker in blog post | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post". Business.financialpost.com. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- ^"Canadian dating site Plenty of Fish sued for using dead U.S. soldier's photo". National Post. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- ^Clay, Kelly (August 23, 2012). "How One Man Made A Million Babies With Free Online Dating". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- ^Bignell, Paul; Hastings, Rob (May 2013). "Plenty of Fish dating site founder pulls 'Intimate Encounters' option to ward off sleazy men=Ein". The Independent. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- ^incognito (May 2013). "POF changes: Age Restrictions +or- 14 years AND intimate encounters". Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- ^"Males can no longer send private images to other users".
- ^"POF automatically blocks messages containing "offensive" words". 2013.
- ^Bootstrapped dating site PlentyOfFish has fewer than 100 employees and Match just bought it for $575 million in cash. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- ^"Office Tour: PlentyOfFish – Vancouver Office Expansion". Office Snapshots. 2015-12-11. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- ^"Plenty of Fish Partners With The Meet Group to Launch 'LIVE!'".
- ^"What is Live?".
- ^Stross, Randall (2008-01-13). "From 10 Hours a Week, $10 Million a Year". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- ^"POF Expands Team To 66, And Creates New Consumer Blog". OnlinePersonalsWatch. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- ^Frind, Markus (2007). "Looking for 3 Senior Software Developers". PlentyOfFish Blog. Archived from the original on 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- ^"PlentyOfFish Architecture - High Scalability -". highscalability.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- ^"PlentyOfFish.com Is the Most Visited Dating Site in the UK & USA". OPW. 2011. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- ^"Online Trends - Experian Hitwise". Hitwise.com. December 31, 1999. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- ^"US Online Dating Rankings Update". OPW.com. 2012. Retrieved Sep 17, 2012.
- ^"POF passes 100M weekly messages, 2 Billion Pageviews/Week". Plenty of fish blog. 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- ^Wu, Yan (2021-02-13). "Tinder, Bumble and Hinge Show Surge in Americans Looking for Love Online". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- ^"Users of dating site Plenty of Fish targeted by cyber attack". itgovernance.co.uk. August 2015. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- ^Lucian Constantin - Romania Correspondent, IDG News Service (Aug 21, 2015). "Plenty of fish, and exploits, on dating website". computerworld.com. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- ^"Plentyoffish Media Inc. pays $48,000 for alleged violation of Canada's anti-spam law". prnewswire.com. PR Newswire Association. Archived from the original on 13 November 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- ^"Plenty of Fish avis fines show anti-spam law has teeth". thestar.com. Star Business Journal. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- ^"Plenty of Fish app leaked profile data set to private". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
But he already took me by the back of the head and tilted my head to his penis, which rose more and more. Completely broken, I opened my mouth and took the fourth member of this evening - more than in my entire previous. Life.
I gasped in pain, and he just forced me to open my mouth and spat there, reminding me of my place. I am a whore. And my body is his toy, with which he does whatever comes into his head.
He unfolded the pages, and then, without looking up, read what he had written with pleasure and slight amazement. These, apparently, were sheets torn from the girl's personal diary. The described one day struck with such a frank text that, in all likelihood, the writer herself decided to tear this day out of her life, but.
Did not dare to destroy it, hiding it in a secret place.
- Cardinal fabric cotton
- Belews landing
- Spiritual meaning of pain on left side of head
- Maplestory best world
- F1 cleaning wax
- Blender new features
- Plastic wrap nails
- Wall tracks power tower
- Neuro ophthalmology upmc
- Youtube best of johnny cash
After half an hour, she came out completely naked and spun around me. I was horny the way I was not during sex with her. She did a full hair removal around her neat pussy. A smooth, shiny bud with neatly arranged petals and a narrow longitudinal line looked at me. I noted the beautiful manicure and pedicure.