100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We proudly stand behind all of our products
We are proud of the quality of our products, and we stand behind them 100%. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the merchandise you ordered, just return it within 90 days to receive a refund in the manner of original payment for merchandise only. Manufacturer guarantees/warranties for power tools, CNC and laser products will supersede the Rockler Guarantee if these items are damaged or defective. For these items, please call the store where you purchased them or our customer service department at 1-800-376-7856 so we can assist you.
Your order will come with a return form with convenient instructions, or you may send your returns directly to Returns Department, Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, 4365 Willow Drive, Medina, MN 55340. You may also return purchases to a Rockler store near you for store credit. Items shipped directly from the manufacturer cannot be returned in store. For international returns, please click here.
The Rockler Advantage
- High-quality brands and products you can trust
- Expert advice and free post-purchase support
- Exclusive, innovative products that help you Create with Confidence
- Detailed instructions, technical specs and guides to make the most of your purchases
12 Places to Add a Library Ladder
- Cold Storage
- Laundry Room
- Kids Playroom
- Wine Cellar
- Pool House
- Art Studio
What is a Rolling Library Ladder?A rolling library ladder is a ladder that was traditionally used in a library, with library ladder wheels on the bottom and a railing to keep it in place. The library ladder provided an easy and convenient way to reach otherwise inaccessible books stored on high shelves.Today, many homeowners take advantage of custom library shelving with a ladder installation in their offices, studies, playrooms, and even kitchens. Thanks to the modern hardwarethat comes with a library ladder kit, these sturdy, durable, and fashionable pieces of functional decor are even safer than ever to use.If you have a custom need, BarnDoorHardware.com can provide expert advice and installation assistance to create the perfect rolling library ladder kit—including specialized options, such as a curved track.If you want to take advantage of the functional, studious look of library ladders, consider adding one to your:
1. OfficeA wooden ladder in the office lends a sophisticated and dignified air to the room. While metal library ladders create an industrious look. A sliding ladder will always benefit offices that utilize vertical storage for items rarely needed. While some offices only need a step ladder to reach higher shelves, a full-size library ladder is ideal if you’re looking for both function and a conversation piece.
2. LibraryWe had to at least mention putting a library rolling ladder in your home library. There is something beautifully elegant, unique, and authentic about a library bookshelf with ladder decor. What’s even better is that you can customize your ladder to accurately reflect the style of your library.Install a wooden library ladder made of red oak, mahogany, or walnut for a darker contrast to lighter walls, or as a complement to the bolder style of a darker study. If you’re going for an antique or vintage feel, a wood library ladder is ideal. Try to incorporate metal ladders, such as an aluminum ladder, for more modern styled libraries. Choose a decorative ladderwith a light finish for smaller libraries that don’t need a fully functional rolling ladder.
3. LoftA loft ladder might be just what you’re looking for to put the finishing touches on a loft space. If you have a loft directly above an entrance to another room, you might even consider combining a loft ladder with a barn doorthat closes off the entrance.Just as a bookshelf ladder makes reaching the upper shelves of a prized library an enjoyable task, a loft ladder can create an experience for kids of all ages—whether you turn your loft into a nap area for the little kids or a reading nook for the big kids.
4. BedroomLibrary ladders go extremely well in bedrooms for use with bookcases, closets, and other high storage areas. Shelf rollers assist a smooth glide from one side of a bookcase or closet to the other, enabling a child or adult to easily adjust the ladder’s position as they need.If you’re looking for something tough and durable, choose an aluminum ladder in the finish of your choice to match the decor and room theme. The aluminum ladder rungs will provide durability and support for young children learning to use the ladder.If you’re looking to enhance a guest’s, teen’s, or adult’s room, the ladder can be made from wood, such as mahogany, white oak, red oak, maple, or walnut.
5. PantryDo you have an extra-large walk-in pantry that utilizes vertical space? If so, you might consider placing a rolling library ladder in the pantry. The ladder can be placed off to the side when not in use, then rolled over the floor to the exact high-up spot you need to reach come time for get-togethers. With a metal ladder that has wheels in your pantry, you can finally place those rarely-used punchbowls, turkey pans, and your special holiday-only crystal or silverware up in that safe, hard-to-reach spot.
6. Cold StorageAre you one of the lucky few with cold storage in your home? Cellars used to be incredibly popular, and they’re coming back thanks to the revival of canned food storage.
Install a rolling library ladder with shelf rollers to help you reach the highest shelves in your cold storage, and easily take down jar after jar of canned beets, tomatoes, and green beans.
7. KitchenIt might be hard to imagine a library ladder in kitchen spaces, but trust us, you’ll love it! You can utilize a rolling library ladder in the same way you would with a walk-in pantry. We all have those hard-to-reach, high-up spots. What goes up there? All the special partyware we drag out once a year to host guests and family from afar. Rather than risking life and limb by using a step stool, install a bookshelf ladder.You’ll climb the ladder with ease, reach the highest cabinet, and quickly hand down each item you’ll need for the best dinner party ever. The best part? When the party is done and over, you’ll be able to put those items away with just as much ease.
8. Laundry RoomA ladder in the laundry room is a no-brainer for added value, function, and space-saving storage capabilities. Rather than using a fold-out step ladder, or mini stair set, a ladder allows you to utilize all space, from floor to ceiling. It can easily slide back and forth while staying out of the way of both the washer and dryer, as needed. It also provides tons of vertical room for shelving, cabinets, and storage. Once you have a ladder in your laundry room, you’ll never go back.
9. Kids PlayroomPlacing a library ladder in a kids’ playroom should be done with caution and specificinstructions given to your kiddos. Library ladders aren’t to play on, and they might need to be locked in place with a hook or wheel lock.If you want extra storage space while providing your kids the ability to reach their books, stuffed animals, and small toys, then a library ladder is ideal. Just be sure your kids are mature enough to use the ladder correctly before installing it.
10. Wine CellarNothing goes with a wine cellar-like quite like a rolling library ladder to conveniently access vertical storage. With a library rolling ladder, you can utilize every inch of well-designed space to house your ultimate wine collection.Host wine tastings in style while effortlessly accessing your collection to enjoy with family and friends. Pull down prized bottles to show your party, and replace them without missing a beat all while looking stylish and sophisticated at the same time.It’s time to put the step stool away. Install a rolling library ladder and make your time in the wine cellar even more enjoyable.
11. Pool HouseWhile pool houses are generally meant to provide a shady getaway from fun in the sun, they can also house pool toys, pool maintenance items, and other miscellaneous items that have found their way into the pool house instead of the storage unit, backyard shed, or garage. Most of the time, these items are stored in awkward locations for ease of accessibility. However, with a rolling library ladder, you can take advantage of vertical storage space.Keep your pool house neat and tidy by installing cupboards and storage space. You can also utilize an unused loft space to store items such as pool equipment, toys, and summer party goods all year round.With the right ladder hardware, your ladder will be solid, secure, and easily movable for yourself or any member of your family.
12. Art StudioAn art studio is a perfect place to install a hook library ladder. If you’d prefer the ability to reach vertical space while painting, drawing, and creating, but you’d prefer a more stable type of ladder, the hook library ladder might be just the option.Not only can it be placed anywhere along the library railing, but it can be completely moved aside and stored on its own rung, providing you with unimpeded access to space below the library ladder railing.
How to Measure for a Library LadderMeasuring for your library ladder is fairly simple, and if you’re unsure of yourself, you can always contact BarnDoorHardware.com, where one of our friendly staff members can help. To get started, you’ll want to do the following:1. Measure vertically from your floor to the center of where the ladder track will be hung.
2. Check ceiling room and clearance. Your ladder will be several inches higher than the railing with the wheels attached. Check to be sure you have around seven inches of space from the railing to your ceiling to provide you with enough clearance.
Library Ladders and Your HomeNo matter the size or shape of your home, a library ladder can fit in and become a unique, functional piece of decor that you’ll never want to live without. Whether you install a rolling library ladder for your office bookcase or living room shelves or place it in your kitchen, wine cellar, closet, or loft, you can’t go wrong.BarnDoorHardware.com is pleased to offer a wide selection of rolling library ladders, along with ladder parts, hardware kits, and all the instructions for the successful installation of your library ladder. Browse today and find the perfect match for your home.
**This ladder is not designed for commercial use**
If you’ve ever been to one of the old-world libraries found in the palaces of Europe, or even a university's library closer to home, you can’t help but feel a sense of awe. Wood shelves filled with thousands of books stretch up to high ceilings, accessed by sliding ladders—creating a rich and impressive environment. You can create a similar vibe of distinguished rustic charm by adding a sliding ladder to a space in your home.
8 Ways to Use a Sliding Ladder in Your Home
- Bunk Beds
- Play Area
- Wine Cellar
Even if you don’t frequently need the length of a rolling ladder to reach those few extra inches, there’s just something magical about those foot rails that changes the equation of your home’s interior appearance. Think of all the places you typically see ladders propped up at an angle against a rail or a vertical wall: a barn, a ship, a library, even a bar—these spaces can connote warm and cozy feelings on one end and adventure on the other.
Having a ladder in your home is not your standard piece of hardware. It’s a decorative addition that adds an exciting touch of the fantastic to the indoors, whether your home looks like the wood-paneled cabin of a ship or the chrome interior of a diner.
8 Ways to Use a Sliding Ladder in Your HomeA sliding ladder is not just for a library. Perhaps you’ve been to a chic bar where a stainless steel ladder could be slid along a tall display of various liquors. Sliding ladders look great everywhere. In fact, there are many locations around your own home where a sliding ladder can add a touch of sophistication, warmth, and adventure to your interior.
Let’s go room by room and see how a little bit of hardware like a sliding ladder kit can transform your home’s appearance and make it more functional.
1. LibraryA sliding library ladder gives your study, den, or library a sophisticated look. It’s an artistic and convenient way to access the leather-bound tomes that line your shelves. If your home has tall bookshelves, a rolling library ladder can certainly help you access those hard-to-reach books on the top shelf.
This is especially true if you have customized shelves that stretch from the floor to the ceiling, rather than a store-bought piece of furniture resting against the wall. Keep in mind that not everyone is the same height—even books that are easy for you to reach might be difficult to reach for someone else, and a sliding ladder can make that easier. If your library has a more contemporary feel, you might specifically consider a sliding metal ladderwith stainless steel hardware, while a wood sliding ladder can give your library a modern rustic or sophisticated, old-world feel.
2. LoftSliding ladders are the best way to connect an elevated platform like a loft to the rest of your home’s interior space. Of course, a loft isn’t part of every home design—but if there is a loft in your home or apartment, you usually only have a few very limited options for how to reach it. Installing a full-size set of risers is usually a problem in terms of space, especially in urban units with a limited amount of square footage.
Some apartments have spiral staircases, but most simply don’t have the space. A sliding library ladder could be the perfect solution. Its rolling feature also allows you to use it for security reasons. Whenever you have company over, you can slide it away from the loft entrance to indicate you don’t want guests entering that space, creating a greater degree of privacy.
3. KitchenThe kitchen is yet another space where a rolling ladder can combine artistic charm with convenience. You could go with a stainless steel rolling library ladder or a wooden ladder, depending on the mix of stainless appliances and wooden cabinetry in your kitchen space. The rolling feature of the ladder is perfect if you have ingredients you need to access from upper cupboards while you prepare your favorite dish.
Sometimes, you need to reach something high up, which could be especially true if you have custom kitchen cabinetry that stretches up to the ceiling. Using a step ladder or telescoping ladder would be unwieldy and inconvenient. By contrast, a rolling rustic sliding laddernot only improves the look of your kitchen’s vertical wall of cabinets but it can also make your kitchen more functional.
4. GarageUpper storage cabinets might be found in several spaces around your home, including the garage. Storage cabinets are often used in the garage to keep the items we may not regularly need, but still deem important. Some of these items are often stored on tall shelves or on top of the garage rafters. You could try to set up an extension ladder on the ground to reach your items, but it’s safer to traverse that distance with something that doesn’t have to rely on friction or leaning on your rafters.
A sliding ladder is an attractive solution for reaching your garage storage space. It allows you to easily roll between upper shelves without having to use the extension feature of a freestanding rigid ladder or repeatedly move it. Because it slides along a rail, you can also attach it to your rafters and slide it out of the way whenever you need to park your car in the garage.
5. Bunk BedsBunk beds are certainly a piece of furniture that will need a ladder. A sliding ladder can be moved to make the lower bed more accessible or to create more space by the side of the lower bed. Sliding ladders also add a more dynamic look to the bunk bed than a fixed ladder. Some larger bunk beds may have a small set of stairs built into the side, and the risers also serve as drawers. While that look has a certain appeal in terms of appearance, it does take up much more space than a ladder on rollers.
A sliding ladder fixed on a track is much safer than the alternative of a hook ladder that can become unhooked, or even a freestanding ladder. Sliding ladders can provide a sense of fun and adventure—and your children are certain to think their sliding bunk bed ladder is pretty cool.
6. Play AreasSliding ladders can make a play area safer and more entertaining. If your home has an indoor or outdoor play area, a sliding ladder can make it much more fun for kids. Sliding ladders can be built into a jungle gym and moved down the track from one part to the other, creating the exciting feel of a fort or a ship. If your play space does not have a jungle gym, but is a playroom with toys and games, a sliding ladder can be a great stylistic addition that is also great in terms of helping kids safely reach their toys. They can simply move the ladder down the track and climb up to get what they want, without you having to worry about it tilting or falling back. That same level of safety is not provided by a standalone aluminum ladder or a stepping stool.
7. ClosetsA sliding ladder can transform your closet into a chic boutique. Closets are another great area for sliding ladders. People of different heights will have an easier time accessing the clothing or shoes they need, especially if custom cabinetry has been installed in the closet and it goes from floor to ceiling. A sliding ladder can also give a walk-in closet the look and feel of a trendy boutique shop. Every time you step in to pick out your outfit for the day, you’ll feel like you're at the mall picking out a new wardrobe.
8. Wine CellarA wine cellar is another excellent area that can benefit from a sliding ladder. If you have any kind of ceiling-to-wall space or high-up space where larger quantities of wine or other beverages can be stored or displayed, a sliding ladder can make them much easier to safely reach.
Since the ladder is fixed on a track, it reduces the chance of moving side to side or falling back. Not only can a sliding ladder prevent personal injury, but it can save your collection of bottled vintage as well. An artisan sliding ladderwith a wall-to-ceiling wine display provides the perfect balance of sophistication and charm to your home.
Sliding Ladders for Your HomeThere’s no question that rolling library ladders can improve the look and feel of your home’s interior space. Ladder systems can be a great addition to many areas in your home, offering a unique accent combined with useful function—especially in areas with items that might normally be out of your reach. From the kitchen and bedroom to the garage and cellar, sliding ladders add beauty and provide a safe way to access clothes, books, wine, toys, and other personal items. A vertical ladder gives the walls of your home a more nuanced appearance by adding a projected and movable layer to whatever is behind them, whether it’s a wall of books or a wall-to-ceiling rack of fine wine.
You don’t have to be a master carpenter to install a sliding ladder. A steel hardware kit is all you need to get started. No matter your level of home improvement skill or the style of your home, a sliding library ladder offers safety and convenience for a great number of applications, while dramatically changing the look of your home’s interior space.
Library Ladder Hardware & Kits
Create the ultimate home library, complete with a classic ladder to reach those higher shelves. At Van Dyke’s Restorers, we carry all the library ladder hardware pieces you need to build your own rolling ladders. Choose sturdy and supportive mounting rails and smooth-operating bottom wheel glides to attach and roll your ladder across the space. We also offer additional library ladder components, such as handrails and corner rails, that allow you to add the finishing touches. Much of our library ladder hardware is available in a variety of finishes and designs to accent period styles like Victorian and Craftsman homes.
Are you looking for a ready to build kit? At Van Dyke’s, we have complete library ladder kits for an effortless and easy installation. Many of our library ladders include unfinished wood rungs, allowing you to stain or paint it in whatever color you choose, matching existing bookcases, molding and trim to create a cohesive design for your restoration project.
Library sliding ladder
His desire to insert his stallion into the little hole grew stronger and stronger with every movement. But knowing the strict temper of his wife, he was afraid to wake up this sleeping nymph, who was so beautiful and liberated in her actions. Lera had never behaved so frankly.
Forever shackled in foreplay, she tried to resemble a decent and faithful wife, fearing to seem too vulgar for her husband.Rolling Library Ladder Build P1
While I bent sharply. All my decent length member almost without resistance entered the vagina. With my hips and stomach, I slapped her ass loudly. Without letting her recover, I began to move my body back and forth with the same frenzied intensity, holding her hips and, as it were, driving her big ass on a. Stake.
- Bill black chevrolet service dept
- Fresno crash today
- Split rock jumping
- 2x6 diy projects
- Petfinder doodle
- Powershell onedrive
- Mario 64 speedrun
- Vertical outlet extender
Laughing, he handed the square to Tanya. The girl was stunned: she saw that she was sitting on the couch completely naked, holding her hands on the penises of her neighbors standing. At attention. And on her chest are clearly visible thick, flowing down white blots.
And without knowing why, she stared and stared at this photograph with fear and delight.